To avoid damaging the windows, you should know how to disable the laptop’s built-in keyboard before cleaning or replacing it. But, if you are not familiar with how to do it, you don’t have to worry because there are some easy ways to enable/disable the laptop’s built-in keyboard yourself.
So, in today’s article, we are going to discuss how to enable/disable the laptop’s built-in keyboard temporarily and permanently. We will also discuss what to do if these methods aren’t working, so stay tuned to learn the exact steps!
- 1 How to Enable/Disable Laptop’s Built-In Keyboard Temporarily?
- 1.1 How to Enable the Keyboard After Disabling it?
- 1.2 How to Disable the Laptop’s Built-In Keyboard Permanently?
- 1.3 How to Disable and Enable Laptops With Built-In Keyboards!
- 1.3.1 Types of Keyboard keys You Can Disable on a Laptop
- 1.3.2 Disabling or Enabling Built-in Keys for Laptops
- 1.3.3 Conclusion
- 1.3.4 FAQs
- 1.3.5 What is the difference between a laptop keyboard and a mouse keyboard?
- 1.3.6 How to Disable and Enable Laptops With Built-In Keys?
- 1.3.7 What are the advantages of disabling and enabling keyboards on a laptop?
- 1.3.8 How to Enable and Disallow Laptops with Built-In Keys?
How to Enable/Disable Laptop’s Built-In Keyboard Temporarily?
You can follow these steps to disable the laptop’s internal keyboard temporarily.
- First of all, right-click Start and select the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, look for the Keyboards and click it once. Clicking the Keyboards section will display two options, i.e., HID Keyboard Device and Standard PS/2 Keyboard.
- Next, right-click the Standard PS/2 Keyboard option, and from the list of available choices, choose Uninstall Device.
- It’ll show you a warning dialogue box, click on Uninstall, and that’s it. The keyboard will be disabled after you restart the device.
If you use this method, please remember that this method will not disable the keyboard permanently, and rebooting your device will re-enable the keyboard.
How to Enable the Keyboard After Disabling it?
If you have disabled the keyboard using this method, you can easily enable it by following the same process. However, this time after right-clicking the Standard PS/2 Keyboard option, select Install.
Once you have clicked Install, you’ll be shown a dialogue box asking for your permission to install the keyboard. Click Install, and doing so will install the keyboard shortly.
Restart the device, and you can start using the laptop’s built-in keyboard again.
How to Disable the Laptop’s Built-In Keyboard Permanently?
You can follow the following instructions to disable the laptop’s keyboard permanently with the help of “Group Policy Editors.”
- On your laptop, press the Windows + R keys at once.
- In the search dialogue box shown at the bottom left of the screen, type “gpedit.msc” and press Ok. Doing so will open up the Group Policy Editor window.
- Next, select and expand the Administrative Templates option in the Computer Configuration.
- In the list displayed in Administrative Templates, expand the System option and choose Device Installation.
- Click on the Device Installation Restrictions and double click Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings.
- You’ll be redirected to a dialogue box asking for confirmation. Click Ok, and then click apply.
- Afterward, go to the Device Manager < Keyboards < Standard PS/2 Keyboard, double-click the Standard PS/2 Keyboard, select Uninstall Device and confirm it in the dialogue box.
You have successfully disabled your laptop’s built-in keyboard, and you can finally go ahead and use an external keyboard of your choice.
If these methods don’t work for you, you can also disable the keyboard by Forcing the System to Use a Wrong Driver. However, this method is hazardous, and it is advised not to use it unless you are left with no other option
How to Disable and Enable Laptops With Built-In Keyboards!
It’s no secret that laptops have grown in popularity over the past few years as more and more users have access to a variety of different platforms. When looking at the range of laptops available today, you’ll quickly realise just how narrow our choice is! The market for gaming laptops is all the more competitive as big names such as Asus and Alienware have already released products ranging from minimal to extreme. This means it’s important to have the ability to disable keyboards and mouse buttons on any given laptop in order to make it easier for all your friends and family members who are also gaming. If you don’t know how to disable and enable keyboards on a laptop, then it’s worth visiting our Laptop Keyboard Disabiliation and Laptops With Built-In Keys article to help you get the most from your laptop. If you’re still unsure, read on to find out how you can disable and enable keyboards on any laptop.
Types of Keyboard keys You Can Disable on a Laptop
There are a number of different types of laptop keyboards you can disable on a computer. These include:
In-keyboards that include Function keys
On-keyboards with Function keys but no Function zone (for example, Fn+F11 corresponds to the Launch menu)
One-key-úte (KbdUty) Laptops with no Function zone (for example, Fn+Backspace is equivalent to Backspace).
Disabling or Enabling Built-in Keys for Laptops
When looking at adding tools to a laptop, it’s important to make sure they are capable of operating them. It’s also important to make sure your changes are permanent, as nothing in Apple’s User Manual allows for that! To make sure these aren’t being used in an inappropriate way, you could look at how long your games were set to run on a laptop. Some of the more common issues you could expect to see are:
– The game has been running for longer than 6 months
– The game has been on the machine longer than normal
– The game has been played more than 30,000 times
If you want to save some extra money, you can learn how to enable/disable laptops built-in keyboard and carry out this process yourself. We have shared how to disable the keyboard temporarily and permanently. You can also re-enable the keyboard by following the steps mentioned earlier.
The fast-moving world of technology makes it very easy to forget about the need to keep your laptop charged during idle times. However, this shouldn’t be the case when you’re actually using it for gaming. The best way to keep your laptop happy is to enable it when you’re ready to do work and then disable it when you’re done. It’s also worth remembering that you don’t have to set any alarms on a laptop that you don’t want to get out of bed for in the middle of the night. This will help ensure that you get the most from the day.
I hope you liked this article and found it helpful. If you did, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family and also help them expand their knowledge.
What is the difference between a laptop keyboard and a mouse keyboard?
Recording devices like mice and keyboards record keystrokes, and there are many different types of mice and devices that record keystrokes. What’s important is to know that a laptop keyboard and a mouse keyboard do, in fact, have very similar functionality. This functionality includes but is not limited to the ability to record keystrokes, the ability to store five or more characters at a time, and the ability to type at a speed that’s easy for both you and your laptop to recognize. If you want to record keystrokes and store five or more characters at a time, a laptop keyboard is the way to go. On the other hand, if you want to type at a faster pace, a mouse is the way to go.
How to Disable and Enable Laptops With Built-In Keys?
If you’re looking to create a more professional performance gaming experience, it’s worth considering turning off the mainboard’s built-in keys. This will make it easier for players to maneuver around the laptop, as well as make it easier for technicians to add and take out parts. It’s also a good idea to turn off any switches that control the fans, as these could prevent you from getting the proper amount of cold air into the laptop. If you’re using a laptop with a built-in keyboard, you can enable it from the Control Panel > Programmable Keys > Security > Lock Key Switch and then re-disable it when you’re done.
What are the advantages of disabling and enabling keyboards on a laptop?
There are a number of advantages to enabling and disabling built-in keys on a laptop. First, it makes it easier for your friend to change battery autonomy on their laptop. Second, it makes it easier for technicians to add and take out parts on your laptop. Lastly, it makes it easier for you to access controls and editing tools on your laptop while you’re in the middle of a game.
How to Enable and Disallow Laptops with Built-In Keys?
You can always enable or disable built-in keys on a laptop as long as you’re sure they’re not being used in an inappropriate way. Let’s assume for the sake of ease that you’re playing games. You can enable Steam during your workday, and then fully enable it at night so that no one at work sees you gaming on your laptop. It’s also possible to disable the built-in menu on a gaming laptop by enabling a generic icon in the taskbar that has no label attached. You can then access the built-in menu and choose ‘off’ to turn off the menu entirely.